Presidio Letterman YMCA
1152 Gorgas Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129
Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Time: 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Wear: Workout clothing: T-shirt, tennis shoes, sweat pants (no sandals or boots)
You can register for this class online, by email, or by phone.
Online by clicking the REGISTER button to the left.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and contact telephone number. For email registrations, please mail your check payable to:
P.O. Box 11291
San Rafael, CA 94912
College Bound Personal Safety
To ensure your college experience is fun, exciting and safe, André Salvage and Associates has put together a class for young women about to go to college.
With even more reported attacks occurring on college campuses, it is important, now more than ever, that young women learn the personal awareness skills to understand predatory behavior, and inform their own choices around drinking and parties. Most importantly, every young woman needs to know how to physically stop someone from harming them. There is no better class for young women to safely receive this information than this class.
- Trusting your intuition
- Social pulls that are dangerous
- Safety plan for parties
- Safety on campus, dormitories, street, and parties
- Drinking and drug choices
- Recognizing dangerous situations without becoming paranoid
- Educating people how to treat you
- Knowing when and how to aggressively assert and to passively assert yourself.
- Speaking up when something is wrong
- Stopping someone from harming you
- Preparing to defend yourself against someone you know
- Standing and ground techniques
- Self-defense against single attackers
André Salvage has been teaching self-defense and assault and rape prevention in Marin, San Francisco, and throughout the United States for over thirty years. André’s background, natural abilities, sensitivity and concern for the safety of his seven children have helped him create effective, easy-to-learn self-protection programs.
He works with people of all ages, from kindergartners to adults, on safety, assertiveness, sexual harassment, anti-bullying, and self-defense.